Invisalign is a dental treatment used by many as an alternative to braces. This treatment involves wearing a series of trays that when used in proper order and according to the instructions will move your teeth slowly into a more favorable position in your mouth. The result being a perfect smile showing off your perfectly aligned teeth.
Invisalign takes about the same amount of time as braces do and the costs are equivalent. The primary benefit over braces is that the trays can be removed for easier tooth care and the ability to attend formal events without them. There is little or no pain involved with this treatment as well. The trays work at a very gradual pace to get your teeth into alignment.
Braces on the other hand involve very long and sometimes painful dental appointments. Teeth care is more difficult because of the metal that is mounted to your teeth. You have to be extra careful about brushing and use a special type of floss when you have braces. You will always have them on, so any photos of you while wearing them will remind you of the time you used to wear braces.
People often ask; would Invisalign a better option for me? We do service Invisalign patients at our Rochester location. There are limitations to what can be achieved with this product, but for many people it’s an option equal to that of braces. Here are some of the limitations of the procedure.
- Invisalign won’t fix the alignment of your back teeth.
- Invisalign will not rotate or twist your 6 front most teeth into a better position the way braces can.
- Invisalign isn’t used to move teeth vertically, so if teeth are different heights in your mouth. This isn’t the best option.
Even with these limiting factors, there are many people who qualify and can use Invisalign for all there orthodontic need. You can use Invisalign as effectively as braces for these uses:
- You have small gaps in your teeth.
- Your teeth are crowded onto your jaw.
- You have a small overbite.
- You have a small under bite.
- Your jaw is doesn’t line up perfectly.
You can set up an appointment to have a talk with our professionals about Invisalign, the painless alternative to braces. We will do a thorough examination of your teeth and evaluate the effectiveness that Invisalign would offer for you.